Foodie Friday: Health(ier) Hamburgers
Welcome to Foodie Friday! In an effort to try and ’sneak’ vegetables into our meals I made up this simple recipe for hamburgers with hidden veggies.
1/2 lb hamburger or turkey meat
1/2c of pureed cauliflower
spices of your choice for seasoning (I like garlic salt and pepper)
1. steam cauliflower for approximately 7 minutes
2. remove cauliflower from pot (or micorwavable bag) and place in mixer bowl. I use a submersion blender but any blender will do
3. Let cauliflower cool for about 30 minutes
4. mix meat, bread crumbs, cauliflower and seasoning in a bowl by hand
5. make meat patties
6. grill to desired temperature – I like to add a slice of cheese as well!