Foodie Friday: The Pregnant Bartender’s Shirley Temple
Welcome to a fun edition of Foodie Friday- The Pregnant Bartender! If you like to enjoy a alcoholic beverage when you are not pregnant it can sometimes be difficult to be at a social event and not enjoy a drink with your friends or colleagues. A friend of mine became really good at making up non-alcoholic drinks that are delicious and look like mixed drinks.
When I was pregnant with my daughter I went out to dinner for my birthday. As we were waiting for our table we went to the bar to order a drink. I ordered a Shirley Temple. What I received literally made me cry. The Shirley Temple was served in a martini glass with sugar on the rim and it had a small piece of dry ice at the bottom so that it was emitting a wonderful mist. I suggest the same serving with this easy recipe.
* 1/4 cup lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
* 1 1/2 tablespoons grenadine syrup
* 1 maraschino cherry
1. In a martini shaker add all ingredients and slightly still with ice to chill
2. Dip the rim of the martini glass in water and lightly dip in sugar to coat the rim
3. Pour liquid through a colander into a Martini glass and garnish with a maraschino cherry.