Top 50 Mommy Bloggers on Parenting
Parenting is a tough job, but someone has to do it. Taking care of kids, tending to them when they’re sick, getting them to eat their veggies and be great spellers are just some of the tasks parents face. Luckily, in the age of the Internet there’s an army of mommy bloggers willing to share their tips on how to manage your kids. Not every tip offered is for every family, but they may offer inspiration that makes the massive challenges of being a parent easier.
Top Blogs on Parenting Newborns and Babies
Being the parent of a newborn or baby is a gift, but it takes a lot of hard work and stamina. Whether you’re a new parent or on your third child and looking for new techniques, these newborn and baby blogs will lend you a hand.
1. Mom Logic : This blog has tons of fabulous tips for moms of kids of every age group, but the pregnancy and newborn tips are abundant and insightful.
2. My Baby Care Blog : This blog has everything new moms need to know about pregnancy, giving birth and caring for a newborn. There’s also a slue of information for special needs children.
3. Newborn Baby Blog : From recommendations on baby monitors to how-to videos to illustrate how new moms should hold and care for babies, this blog is chock full of info that will make caring for a newborn easier.
4. My Baby Blog : When you’re the only mommy in your circle, it can be tough to relate to friends. This blog is like having a BFF who’s been there, done that and is willing to share all of her tips on caring for baby.
5. Baby Place – Teen Parents : Teenage mothers can read this blog for tips on time management and dealing with the overwhelming emotions of being pregnant with many responsibilities. It is a fantastic blog that is helpful and never talks down the reader.
6. Rookie Moms : This amazing mom duo help you parent your child from the minute they’re born until their pre-school years. We love their writing tone, which is casual and makes you feel like it’s OK if you don’t have it all under control (you’re only human).
7. New Mommy Oasis : This blog is for learning everything about newborns. Learn how to give your immune system a boost while pregnant and the proper way to clean a sippy cup (yes, there’s a method).
8. The Teething Mom : This fantastic blogger is loved for her acid tongue on child rearing and reviews that are so honest, you’ll be glad to have her as a resource for buying baby products.
9. Hi Baby Blog : This our favorite type of blog because it offers simple parenting tips, but keeps the casual tone of a personal blog. This mommy is clearly passionate about her kids and it radiates in her blogging.
10. Dear Baby Blog : This mommy blogger reassures us it’s OK to make mistakes and shows us how to pick ourselves up again after moments of chaos.
11. Marissa’s Bunny : This blog aims to raise awareness on infantile spasms and epilepsy. It chronicles the life of three year old Melissa and caring for a special needs child.
12. The Baby Blackbird : Part of raising a kid includes dressing them, right? If you feel there’s a lack of cute duds on the market for your tot, you must get on the web. This blogger showcases adorable baby and toddler clothing that will have you oohing as you scroll along.
13. A Good Life Blog : This is another fabulous blog by a new mommy who tracks her personal life, which offers practical parenting and caring for baby tips. Plus, she’s chats about staying healthy as a mom, which is inspiration most new mothers can use.
14. Dear Crissy : This blogger has reviews of products and parenting stories galore to share with readers. We also love the YouTube videos she makes, which gives you further parenting tips you can implement with your baby or toddler.
15. Evenflo Blog : Brand Evenflo knows how to embrace social media by having ace parenting bloggers create entries on parenting tips that are actually useful, covering topics like keeping a cool head when your kid is throwing a fit and how to put together an emergency kit so you’re always prepared.
Top Mommy Bloggers on General Parenting
From deciding what age to get your kid a cell phone to deciphering ingredients so you can make wise, educated choices about what’s going in your kids’ bodies.
16. Divine Secretes of a Domestic Diva : This mommy blogger shows you how to handle everything in the household in stride, including your children. Her advice is frank, which means you can read it on days you aren’t feeling like super mom.
17. Disabled Daughter : This blogger is actually a father, but his musings on handling a teenage daughter with disabilities will reel you in and is a must-read for any parent who cares for a special needs child of any age.
18. Life with the Lebedas : This mommy blogger is one to watch because she has plenty of ideas for keeping kids busy and reviews products honestly, giving you the skinny on whether items are worth your hard-earned money or not.
19. Mommy for Two : We love this fun mommy blog that offers realistic tips you can start working into your day starting now. She tells you how to keep the weight off while doing physical activities with your kiddos and how to get your entire family to drink more water.
20. Planet Mom : This blog will have you laughing with glee. The blogger has a gift for painting a picture that every parent can relate to when it comes to dealing with kooky kids.
21. I’m a Lazy Mom : This mommy blogger offers awesome organization tips and how to keep the kids in check when you’re dealing with more than one.
22. From HighHeels to Sneakers : This adorable blog tracks one woman’s transition from ditching high heels for sneakers to chase her little one around. The one is casual and the tips are helpful for mommies new and old.
23. Pretty All True : We’re addicted to this mommy blogger who has kids of almost every age group, which means she has wise advice on how to talk to kids, deal with problems and reign the household.
24. Chaotic Momentum : This mommy blogger is doing it on her own while her military husband is away. Her hilarious stories make the blog a must-read and allows us to see her parenting in action.
25. 1000 Reasons I’m a Bad Mom : Laugh until you cry, reading this fabulous mommy blog. It isn’t your standard blog, but it does offer countless parenting tips that are suitable for real life and will allow you to keep your sanity.
26. And Then She Snapped : It’s refreshing to read this blog that has limited reviews and giveaways and focuses on the simplicity of enjoying time (and capturing it on film) with your children.
27. The Mommy Chronicles : This is how a mommy blog should be done. Real world tips your child will benefit from and ideas that aren’t so hard you’ll have to devote hours to them (who has that kind of time?!). Plus, she blogs on subjects like vaccination and how other mommy bloggers can monetize their space on the web.
28. Leaving the Girl : This brand new single mommy is doing an amazing job and can help first-time mothers do the same. Understand you don’t have to know how to do everything the minute the baby arrives, just putting your heart into it will take you far.
29. Our Kids Mom : This mommy blog gives tips for kids in nearly every age group, plus plenty of reviews for kid’s products.
30. Mom Blog : This fantastic blog gives parents ideas on activities to keep kids entertained and engaged. It also shows how to create learning opportunities along the way.
Top Mommy Blogger Cooking Blogs
Feeding your kid is part of parenting and these bloggers have easy recipes and techniques for getting kids involved in the kitchen.
31. Diary of a Wheat Free Mom : This mommy blogger has plenty of tips for a wheat free diet for kids and neat recipes that even the pickiest eaters will try.
32. Full Bellies : This mommy blogger teaches you how to cook up amazing recipes your children will love. This is a fantastic blog for finding recipes that are baby steps for developing a child’s palette.
33. Cooking and Kids : The delicious recipes found on this blog are broken down so they’re easy to create at home and the blog’s nice enough to dig up all of the nutrition facts on the meal.
34. Jaime and Jen Dish It Out : There’s an endless supply of cooking tips for kids on this blog. From maximizing your food budget to recipes to use up leftovers, this is a blog every mom should check out.
35. Playing Kitchen Blog : Get your kids comfortable with helping out in the kitchen and tasting different types of food with this helpful blog.
36. Easy Kids Recipes : This recipe blog caters to kid’s tastes and the usual items they’re fans of. Teaching kids to eat healthy starts at an early age, so it’s important for you to serve veggies, allowing your child to acquire a taste for them.
37. Mom’s Kitchen Cooking : When you’re short on time and sick of cooking the usual, check out this blog for yummy recipes in the slow cooker that basically cook themselves and new spins on basic veggies.
38. Mommy’s Kitchen : We love this mommy cooking blog because the blogger gives us accessible recipes that fit each season. Plus, she has fabulous recipes that”hide” the vegetables kids are eating.
39. Once a Month Cooking Mom : Besides basic recipes your entire family will enjoy, this blog has a section focusing on newborn and baby foods. How to steam, puree and create your own baby food so you ensure your child is consuming quality ingredients.
40. Chef Mom Cooks : This blog is a winner because it has a healthy mix of adult and kid recipes, and is a great resource for recipes your older kids may enjoy after they’ve developed their palettes and want to some adventurous dishes.
Other Mommy Blogs We Love
There are gobs of mommy blogs on the Internet, but these are insightful, helpful and offer that precious look at motherhood that only fellow moms can log with such clarity.
41. Advice 4 Parenting : You’ll love this blog that’s packed with tips for stay-at-home-moms and teaching your kids how to be courteous.
42. So Close : This mommy began her blogging adventure as a woman struggling with infertility and now has twins. Here she shares her parenting style and everyday mommy issues.
43. The Meanest Mom : If the blog name doesn’t capture your attention, the fantastic writing style of this blogger will. Being real with your kids will pay off after you see them taking on responsibilities with ease thanks to the confidence you’ve given them.
44. Modern Mommy : This modern mommy no longer updates, but her wise parenting style is worth reading. She lets her child make mistakes, learn on their own and is a better mom for it.
45. Soapbox Mom : This blog gives you tips on how to motivate your child to do well in school and also gives you simple recipes for holiday parties when you want to look like super mom.
46. Crunchy Domestic Goddess : In a sea of mommy bloggers who review salty pre-packaged foods and toys that will entertain your child for a month, this blogger is doing something right. She gives mom tips that are green and some may say hippie-like, but to us, it just makes sense.
47. Sarcastic Mom : This blog is a fun read overall, but where this mommy really excels is with her super fresh, super easy recipes that your children will love. It’s all about color and vegetables that will wow them.
48. Playgroups Are No Place for Children : This blog focuses children, the crazy things they do and what we can do to tame them (when it’s called for). The writer is witty and writes in a tone that makes you feel you’re chatting with a friend.
49. Mother to the Screaming Masses : This mom of six knows it’s a juggling act to tend to the kids, keep the house in order and cook up a meal. Learn how she does it and the tips that keep her head on straight in a house of sometimes chaos.
50. Mommy Wants Vodka : Being a stellar mom doesn’t mean an attitude that mimics that of June Cleaver. This mom isn’t afraid to speak her mind, but that doesn’t mean she’s a hard shell when dealing with her darling daughter. It’s a lesson to all moms to do what you can, with what you have.
Mommy bloggers have practically taken over the Internet and with new ones popping up daily, there’s a plethora of insider information out there for newbie moms to explore. It can be a lot to handle, but following up with a favorite blogger or two will teach you lessons on how to deal with your kids gracefully, even when you the light at the end of the tunnel is non-existent (if you’re a mom, you know we’ve all been there).